Consejo de administración
Chief Executive Officer, Founder
- Born on 2. May 1964, German citizen
- Diploma in Physics, University of Würzburg
- PhD in Physics of Thermal Insulation, University of Würzburg
- 1995 – 2000: General Management of Bavarian Centre for Applied Energy Research (ZAE Bayern), Würzburg
- Since 2001: CEO and founder, va-Q-tec AG Würzburg
- Member of various national and international committees
Chief Financial Officer
- Born on 24. February 1964, German citizen
- Diploma in Business Administration, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
- 1991 – 2000: Mannesmann-Konzern
- 2001 – 2005: Brooks Automation Group, Controller Europe
- 2006 – 2016: Analytik Jena AG, Chief Financial Officer
Filiales de la Dirección
- More than 15 years’ experience involved in pharmaceutical logistics.
- Temperature control Packaging and container experience (Peli)
- Airfreight and road freight / premium courier services (CryoPDP / PHSE)
- Appointed into roles by Private equity (to develop and roll out growth strategy in fast growing companies
- Made several acquisitions and developed strategic partner relationships
CFO, va-Q-tec Ltd.
- Born on 20. March 1968, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Danish citizen
- Diploma in Business Administration, Cass Business School, London
- Executive MBA, Kellogg-WHU
- ACA Chartered Accountant (Price Waterhouse, London 1991-1995), Certified Internal Auditor
- 1995 – 2002: General Motors, Adam Opel AG
- 2002 – 2007: Teleflex Medical Group, Controller Europe and CFO/MD Germany
- 2007 – 2011: IHS GmbH (Private Equity holding with several subsidiaries in the hospitality/technology sector), CFO and MD
- 2011 – 2016: Interim Finance Director/Managing Director at Nemetschek Allplan, Ursa Insulation Eurasia, TNI medical AG
President, va-Q-tec Uruguay S.A.
Director of Sales Latin America
- Born in September 1959
- Studied International relations Diplomacy at the University of Uruguay
- More than 20 year of experience in the logistics industry
- Worked for multi-national Airfreight and Logistics companies
Country Manager, va-Q-tec Korea Ltd.
- Born 1970, South Korea citizen
- Bachelor, Chemical Technology / Dankook University
- 2007 – 2013: Sales development team leader
- 2013 – 2015: VIP business unit team leader in OCI
- More than 20 years of experience in chemical and insulation material company
Country Manager, va-Q-tec Japan G.K.
- Born 1963, Japan citizen
- BBA / Hosei University
- More than 20 years of experience in International Logistics
- 1986 – 1988: Nippon Express
- 1988 – 2011: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- 2011 – 2016: Airfrance-KLM Cargo
- Since 2016: va-Q-tec Japan G.K.
Managing Director, va-Q-tec SG Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Born on 1968, Singapore citizien
- Master in Business Administration (University of California, EastBay)
- Bachelor of Commerce major in Logistics (University of Curtin, Western Australia)
- More than 25 years as a logistics practitioner and intralogistics solution knowhow
- Worked for multinational companies such as Schaefer Systems International, Katoen Natie, Dematic, Siemens, Linde Forklifts
Managing Director, va-Q-tec Thermal Solutions (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Born on July 07, 1954, Singapore citizen
- More than 40 years of Airfreight and Logistics experience in Asia market
- Executive Courses – Ohio State University , Columbus ,USA
- 1985 to 1993: AEI / Danzas as Country Manager of Taiwan for 8 years based in Taipei
- 1994 to 2003: Emery Worldwide based in Singapore as Regional Manager / S . E. Asia
- 2004 to 2007: S Net Freight Corporation as Managing Director of Indo-China and later Greater China ( based in BKK and HKG )
- 2008 to 2011: DTW Group as Vice President , Freight Forwarding based in BJS and SHA
- 2012 to 2015: Jacobson Global Logistics as Head of Airfreight & Integrated Logistics based in SHA
- 2016 to 2021: Worldwide Logistics as Group Business Development Director, Airfreight based in SHA
- From 2021: Senior Business Consultant / Greater China
Managing Director, va-Q-tec India
- Born on 20. August 1972, Hyderabad, India
- Bachelors in Engineering, Masters in Planning and Masters in Business Administration (International trade)
- 1997 – 2001: Gati Corporation Limited
- 2001 – 2007: Senior Manager – SCM, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
- 2007 – 2013: Vice President – SCM, Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
- 2013 – 2021: Head of Logistics (APAC/China/Japan), Teva pharmaceuticals
- Since 2022: Managing Director – va-Q-tec India Private Limited
- 25 years of Industry experience predominantly in managing SC and Logistics functions in Global Pharmaceuticals organisations
Managing Director, va-Q-tec USA Inc.
- US Citizen
- More than 25 years of global operations, sales, and marketing leadership experience within broad public and private industrial technology companies
- prior to va-Q-tec, lead P&L strategic business units for US, Japanese, and German multinational companies in automotive, telecommunication, and electronics industries
- Bachelor of Science, Drexel University
- Executive MBA, Kellogg-HKUST
Chairman (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Gerald Hommel, born on 21. January 1959, place of residence: Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate), member of the Supervisory Board and Supervisory Board Chairman since 2014
Profession: Independent pharmaceuticals entrepreneur and Managing Shareholder of pharmarissano Arzneimittel GmbH
- Undergraduate study of economic sciences at the universities of Mainz and Würzburg, degree in business management (1985)
- 1985 – 1997: Pharmaceutical wholesaling, most recently Managing Director at PHOENIX Pharma Einkauf GmbH, Dreieich
- 1997 – 1999: Management Board member of GESKO eG, Gerlingen (purchasing cooperative)
- Since 1999: Independent pharmaceuticals entrepreneur
- Since 2004: Managing Shareholder of pharmarissano Arzneimittel GmbH
- Doctorate in economic and social history from the University of Frankfurt am Main (2014)
Dr. Hommel is Chairman of the Nomination Committee, Chairman of the General Committee and Deputy Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board.
Dr. Hommel does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Deputy Chairman (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Barbara Ooms-Gnauck, born on 28. October 1957, place of residence: Herleshausen (Hesse), member of the Supervisory Board since 2014
Profession: Attorney and specialist lawyer for administrative law at Gnauck Rechtsanwälte GbR
- Study of chemistry and ecotrophology at the University of Bonn, degree in ecotrophology (1983)
- Study of jurisprudence of the University of Göttingen, First State Examination (2001)
- Probationary Training Period at the District Court of Kassel, Second State Examination (2004)
- Attorney (2004)
- 2005 – 2010: Attorney, partner at GKMP Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater Wirtschaftsprüfer
- Shareholder in and attorney at Gnauck Rechtsanwälte GbR since 2010
- Doctorate awarded by the University of Constance (2012)
- Specialist lawyer for administration law (2016)
Dr. Ooms-Gnauck is a member of the Nomination and General committees of the Supervisory Board.
Dr. Ooms-Gnauck does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Uwe Andreas Krämer, born on 27. October 1978, place of residence: Aarau (Switzerland), member of the Supervisory Board since 2015
Profession: Group CFO of enterprise software company Scandit AG, Zürich
- Degree in business information technology from the Technical University of Darmstadt (2006)
- 2006 – 2008: Investment Banking Division, Goldman Sachs, Frankfurt
- 2008 – 2014: Venture & growth capital investment professional focusing on software and internet technology, ViewPoint Capital, Frankfurt/Zürich
- 2016 – 2018: Managing Director & CFO/CCO of enterprise software company Fision AG, Zürich
- Since 2014: growth capital investor focusing on cleantech, Zouk Capital, London
- Since 2018: CFO/VP Finance & Operations of enterprise software company Scandit AG, Zürich
Mr. Krämer is a member of the Nomination Committee of the Supervisory Board.
Mr. Krämer does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Winfried Klar, born on 10. October 1954, place of residence: Oldenburg (Germany), member of the Supervisory Board since 2013
Profession: Management consultant
- Degree in business administration from the University of Münster (1979)
- 1980 – 1990: Auditor and tax consultant PwC Düsseldorf
- 1991 – 1992: Head of Group development EVONIK (formerly RAG)
- 1993 – 2003: Managing Director, Management Board member, CFO at various companies
- 2004 – 2009: Managing Director and CFO of VESTOLIT GmbH & Co KG, Marl
- 2009 – 2013: Managing Director and CFO of MAUSER Holding GmbH, Brühl
- 2013 – 2019: Management consulting in the Middle East, KMC Klar Management Consultancies, Dubai
Mr. Klar has been the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board since 2016.
Mr. Klar does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Eberhard Kroth, born on 15. September 1956, place of residence: Obernburg (Bavaria), member of the Supervisory Board since 2013
Profession: Managing Shareholder of RoPro4.0 GmbH, automation technology
- Undergraduate studies and doctorate at the Technical University of Darmstadt (1985)
- 1986 – 1994: Company officer and Technical Director at Reis Robotics, Reis GmbH & Co KG
- 1994 – 2010: Managing Director at Reis Robotics, Reis GmbH & Co KG
- 2010 – 2016: Managing Director at Reis Group Holding GmbH
- 2015 – 2016: Managing Director & Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of KUKA Industries GmbH
- Since 2017: Managing Shareholder of RoPro4.0 GmbH, automation technology
Dr. Kroth is a member of the Audit Committee.
Dr. Kroth does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Burkhard Wichert, born on 05. December 1961, place of residence: Bielefeld (North Rhine-Westphalia), member of the Supervisory Board since 2021
Profession: Founder and managing director of pos pharma GmbH
- Studied pharmacy at the Westfälische Wilhelms University in Münster (1987)
- Doctorate in pharmaceutical technology (1989)
- 1990 – 2001 various positions in research and development and production at ASTA Medica
- 2002 – 2016 various positions in operations including commercial and operational head of global contract manufacturing at Baxter Halle (Westphalia, Germany)
- MBA from Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College (2007)2016 – 2019 head of operations EMEA at Baxter Zurich
- Since 2019 founder and managing director of pos pharma GmbH
Dr. Wichert does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board 2014 – 2020
Supervisory Board, Management Board and employees mourn the passing of an outstanding personality who was decisively driving the positive development of the company.