Chief Executive Officer, Founder
- Born on 2nd May 1964, German citizen
- Diploma in Physics, University of Würzburg
- PhD in Physics of Thermal Insulation, University of Würzburg
- 1995 – 2000: General Management of Bavarian Centre for Applied Energy Research (ZAE Bayern), Würzburg
- Since 2001: CEO and founder, va-Q-tec AG Würzburg
- Member of various national and international committees
Chief Financial Officer
- Born on 24th February 1964, German citizen
- Diploma in Business Administration, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
- 1991 – 2000: Mannesmann-Konzern
- 2001 – 2005: Brooks Automation Group, Controller Europe
- 2006 – 2016: Analytik Jena AG, Chief Financial Officer
Managing Director, va-Q-tec Ltd.
- Born in 1960
- Degree in Business Administration (Diplom Betriebswirt / FH) and completion of vocational training as forwarding agent (Speditionskaufmann)
- 1995 – 2003: Head of International Sales and Logistics, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung GmbH
- 2003 – 2005: General Manager Product Strategic Airfreight Development, DHL Danzas Air & Ocean Germany GmbH
- 2006 – 2011: Area Vice President South- & South East Asia, Dachser GmbH & Co KG, as well as Joint Managing Director, AFL Dachser Pvt Ltd., India – Board positions in Dachser’s subsidiaries in Bangladesh and Thailand
- 2012 – 2013: Director of Corporate Sales and Regional Director India Subcontinent for cargo-partner GmbH, as well as Board positions for cargo-partner
- 2013 – 2018: Head Global Network & Agency development, ITG Internationale Spedition + Logistik
CFO, va-Q-tec Ltd.
- Born on 20. March 1968, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Danish citizen
- Diploma in Business Administration, Cass Business School, London
- Executive MBA, Kellogg-WHU
- ACA Chartered Accountant (Price Waterhouse, London 1991-1995), Certified Internal Auditor
- 1995 – 2002: General Motors, Adam Opel AG
- 2002 – 2007: Teleflex Medical Group, Controller Europe and CFO/MD Germany
- 2007 – 2011: IHS GmbH (Private Equity holding with several subsidiaries in the hospitality/technology sector), CFO and MD
- 2011 – 2016: Interim Finance Director/Managing Director at Nemetschek Allplan, Ursa Insulation Eurasia, TNI medical AG
President, va-Q-tec Uruguay S.A.
Director of Sales Latin America
- Born in September 1959
- Studied International relations Diplomacy at the University of Uruguay
- More than 20 year of experience in the logistics industry
- Worked for multi-national Airfreight and Logistics companies
Head of Global Business Development
Representative Director, va-Q-tec Korea Ltd.
Executor, va-Q-tec Japan G.K.
- Born on 5. October 1973 in Seoul / Republic Korea (South Korean Citizen)
- Bachelor (BSc), Computer Science, Korean National Open University / Republic of Korea
- Bachelor (BA), Business Administration, Sejong University / Republic of Korea
- 1994 – 1999: Prime Minister’s Secretariat / Republic of Korea
- 1999 – 2001: Embassy of the Republic of Korea / Malaysia
- Since 2002: va-Q-tec AG / Germany
Country Manager, va-Q-tec Korea Ltd.
- Born 1970, South Korea citizen
- Bachelor, Chemical Technology / Dankook University
- 2007 – 2013: Sales development team leader
- 2013 – 2015: VIP business unit team leader in OCI
- More than 20 years of experience in chemical and insulation material company
Country Manager, va-Q-tec Japan G.K.
- Born 1963, Japan citizen
- BBA / Hosei University
- More than 20 years of experience in International Logistics
- 1986 – 1988: Nippon Express
- 1988 – 2011: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- 2011 – 2016: Airfrance-KLM Cargo
- Since 2016: va-Q-tec Japan G.K.
Managing Director, va-Q-tec SG Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
Head of Corporate Development / Admin and Organization
- Born on March 26, 1961, German citizen
- Diploma in Business Administration, Julius-Maximilians-University, Würzburg
- 1992 – 2011: KPMG, Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft AG, Frankfurt am Main;
PKF Isssing, Faulhaber, Wozar, Altenbeck GmbH & Co.KG; Würzburg;
PKF Hong Kong, SAR-Hong Kong, CINA
- 2011 – 2015: s.Oliver Asia Ltd, SAR-Hong Kong, Head of Internal Audit & Business Analysis Asia
- 2015 – 2017: Green Project W.S.T. Ltd, SAR-Hong Kong, Managing Director
- 2017 – 2018: OPMC Ltd., SAR-Hong Kong, Managing Partner
- Since 2018: va-Q-tec
Country Manager, va-Q-tec SG PTE. LTD. (Singapore)
Born on March 30, 1985 in Wiesbaden/Germany, German citizen
- Bachelor (BSc), Economics and Business Management, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany and Dankook University, Jukjeon, South Korea
- Multiple years of experience in project management and business development for the pharmaceutical and automotive industries in APAC, Europe and Africa
- 2012 – 2017: Project Management at Samsung, Germany and Korea
- 2017 – 2018: Team Lead Automotive Part Business at Hyundai Europe
- Since 2018: va-Q-tec Singapore
Managing Director, va-Q-tec USA Inc.
- US citizen
- More than 34 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- 1981 – 1993: R&D, Shering Plough
- 1993 – 1999: Manager Clinical Supplies, AAIPharma
- 1999 – 2001: Senior Manager Clinical Supplies, Ligang Pharmaceuticals
- 2001 – 2003: Vice President of Clinical Supplies, Quintiles Clinical Services
- 2003 – 2008: General Manager and US Site Head, Catalent Pharma Solutions (formerly Cardinal Health)
- 2008 – 2013: Vice President of Business Development, Bilcare Global Clinical Supplies
- Since 2017: va-Q-tec
Chairman (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Gerald Hommel, born on 21. January 1959, place of residence: Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate), member of the Supervisory Board and Supervisory Board Chairman since 2014
Profession: Independent pharmaceuticals entrepreneur and Managing Shareholder of pharmarissano Arzneimittel GmbH
- Undergraduate study of economic sciences at the universities of Mainz and Würzburg, degree in business management (1985)
- 1985 – 1997: Pharmaceutical wholesaling, most recently Managing Director at PHOENIX Pharma Einkauf GmbH, Dreieich
- 1997 – 1999: Management Board member of GESKO eG, Gerlingen (purchasing cooperative)
- Since 1999: Independent pharmaceuticals entrepreneur
- Since 2004: Managing Shareholder of pharmarissano Arzneimittel GmbH
- Doctorate in economic and social history from the University of Frankfurt am Main (2014)
Dr. Hommel is Chairman of the Nomination Committee, Chairman of the General Committee and Deputy Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board.
Dr. Hommel does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Deputy Chairman (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Barbara Ooms-Gnauck, born on 28. October 1957, place of residence: Herleshausen (Hesse), member of the Supervisory Board since 2014
Profession: Attorney and specialist lawyer for administrative law at Gnauck Rechtsanwälte GbR
- Study of chemistry and ecotrophology at the University of Bonn, degree in ecotrophology (1983)
- Study of jurisprudence of the University of Göttingen, First State Examination (2001)
- Probationary Training Period at the District Court of Kassel, Second State Examination (2004)
- Attorney (2004)
- 2005 – 2010: Attorney, partner at GKMP Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater Wirtschaftsprüfer
- Since 2010: Shareholder in and attorney at Gnauck Rechtsanwälte GbR
- Doctorate awarded by the University of Constance (2012)
- Specialist lawyer for administration law (2016)
Dr. Ooms-Gnauck is a member of the Nomination and General committees of the Supervisory Board.
Dr. Ooms-Gnauck does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Uwe Andreas Krämer, born on 27. October 1978, place of residence: Schwerzenbach (Switzerland), member of the Supervisory Board since 2015
Profession: Managing Director & CFO/CCO of enterprise software company Fision AG, Zürich
- Degree in business information technology from the Technical University of Darmstadt (2006)
- 2006 – 2008: Investment Banking Division, Goldman Sachs, Frankfurt
- 2008 – 2014: Venture & growth capital investment professional focusing on software and internet technology, ViewPoint Capital, Frankfurt/Zürich
- 2016 – 2018: Managing Director & CFO/CCO of enterprise software company Fision AG, Zürich
- Since 2014: Growth capital investor focusing on cleantech, Zouk Capital, London
- Since 2018: Vice President Finance & Operations of enterprise software company Scandit AG, Zürich
Mr. Krämer is a member of the Nomination Committee of the Supervisory Board.
Mr. Krämer does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Winfried Klar, born on 10. October 1954, place of residence: Dubai (United Arab Emirates), member of the Supervisory Board since 2013
Profession: Management consultant, KMC Klar Management Consultancies, Dubai
- Degree in business administration from the University of Münster (1979)
- 1980 – 1990: Auditor and tax consultant PwC Düsseldorf
- 1991 – 1992: Head of Group development EVONIK (formerly RAG)
- 1993 – 2003: Managing Director, Management Board member, CFO at various companies
- 2004 – 2009: Managing Director and CFO of VESTOLIT GmbH & Co KG, Marl
- 2009 – 2013: Managing Director and CFO of MAUSER Holding GmbH, Brühl
- Since 2013: Management consulting in the Middle East, KMC Klar Management Consultancies, Dubai
Mr. Klar has been the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board since 2016.
Mr. Klar does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Board Member (appointed until 2023)
Dr. Eberhard Kroth, born on 15. September 1956, place of residence: Obernburg (Bavaria), member of the Supervisory Board since 2013
Profession: Managing Shareholder of RoPro4.0 GmbH, automation technology
- Undergraduate studies and doctorate at the Technical University of Darmstadt (1985)
- 1986 – 1994: Company officer and Technical Director at Reis Robotics, Reis GmbH & Co KG
- 1994 – 2010: Managing Director at Reis Robotics, Reis GmbH & Co KG
- 2010 – 2016: Managing Director at Reis Group Holding GmbH
- 2015 – 2016: Managing Director & Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of KUKA Industries GmbH
- Since 2017: Managing Shareholder of RoPro4.0 GmbH, automation technology
Dr. Kroth is a member of the Audit Committee.
Dr. Kroth does not hold any further mandates on statutory Supervisory Boards or comparable German or foreign controlling entities of commercial enterprises.
Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board 2014 – 2020
Supervisory Board, Management Board and employees mourn the passing of an outstanding personality who was decisively driving the positive development of the company.